Thursday 6 February 2020

when do i get to visit triniDAD?

i remember sometime (in 2018?) i was asked to make an impromptu short speech (1 min?) on 'why I want to visit Trinidad?' ... i am not sure if they asked me to keep it funny - but i tried to crack some (poor) jokes anyway :-)

it was something on the lines of following -

मम नाम हर्षः .. [mama naama harShaH ..] .. to those who do not know संस्कृतम् [saMskRRitam  a.k.a Sanskrit] i introduce myself as 'happy' harsh :-)  ... my topic is 'why I want to visit Trinidad' - well, triiNi (त्रीणि) in Sanskrit means 'three' - and 'dad' - we all relate it to 'father' - so, it makes me wonder - is this country/place named 'Trinidad' after 3 fathers? it is intriguing to me and reminds of ब्रह्मा विष्णु महेश [brahmaa, viShNu and mahesha] - that is somewhere explained as trio behind these universe - the Generator, Operator & Destroyer - 'nifty' expansion of the acronym GOD .. who doesn't want to meet GOD or see the place named after HIM? so, now I want to certainly visit Trinidad !

[just sharing for some lighthearted fun]

No comments:

Post a Comment