Saturday 8 October 2011

GOD moves in a mysterious way ...

This insightful poem - 'God moves in a mysterious way; His wonders to perform ...' by William Cowper - fascinated me right from my childhood (it was in the textbook at my school).

I recently happened to reflect on it with a new perspective


These days, I play with Rubik's cube frequently (I have learned to solve all six faces of the cube - thanks to the notes here ). Our kid likes to see all 'cubies' (pieces) of same color gathered on a side of the cube.

RubikCubeSolved

Sometimes, when the cube is scrambled (unsolved), he requests me to solve one face of a particular color (say RED). When, I start, he is happy to see red cubies gathering on a side one by one. But as I move near to solving it totally (collecting all 9 cubies of red on one side) I have to temporarily 'break' already gathered cubies for the larger good of solving the whole side. And, since he does not know the underlying logic (or the need to do so) he gets disheartened that I am spoiling the side (instead of making it for him).

Maybe, this is exactly what is happening with us when we do not see things going our way. Our father - Almighty GOD - is temporarily 'spoiling' our 'plot' to fulfill our wish!

William Cowper has rightly said -
"The bud may have a bitter taste,
But sweet will be the flower."

In fact, each and every verse of the poem has a very deep meaning. Literally, GOD moves in a mysterious way!

No comments:

Post a Comment